TASCAM’s US-2×2 combines great audio quality and ergonomic design for a powerful 2-in/2-out USB 2 Audio interface.
Two of TASCAM’s Ultra-HDDA mic/line preamps provide up to 57dB of gain with nearly inaudible noise and distortion specs. The audio design features high-performance, musical components like NE5532 op amps for rich sound quality without coloring the source.
The US-2×2 includes class-compliant drivers for plug-and-play operation on Mac OSX and iOS devices like the iPad, and a simple driver adds ASIO compatibility for Windows. MIDI in and out are also included for connecting synths, drum machines, and controllers. With solid audio specs, iOS compatibility, and an easy-to-read angled design, the US-2×2 is the ultimate 2-channel interface for home, project, and mobile studios.
New functions added to Version 4.00
* Version 4.00 functions are limited to Windows only.
With conventional TASCAM drivers, the audio buffer size could only be set originally up from 64 samples. This has been enhanced to support a selection up from 4 samples, enabling users to build music production environments with ultra-low latency that maximizes the processing power of the computers in use. Users can now choose from a wide range of parameters, from a minimum of 4 samples up to a maximum of 2048 samples, depending on the computer’s processing power and music production application.
The newly implemented HiDPI (high-dot per inch) function automatically optimizes the size of the Settings Panel window to an appropriate size according to the user’s display. No more small appearing of the Settings Panel in a high-resolution display.
Easily activate/deactivate US-series units set as the default IN/OUT audio device in a computer with the new Auto Driver Select function. Activating this function, the computer will always recognize the US unit as default and will allow saving some trouble in setting the device each time. Users can freely choose to disable this function to use different devices depending on the application.
Functions common to both the US-2×2
- Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps with −125dBu EIN
- NE5532 op-amps used at the audio input and output stages
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices
- +48V phantom power for all inputs
- Two switchable high-impedance inputs
- Microphone preamp gain range of 57 dB
- Direct monitoring function for zero-latency monitoring
- Tough all-metal casing for durability
- Angled design provides excellent usability on a desktop
- Balanced analog TRS output jacks suitable for connection to powered monitors
- Standard TRS headphones output jack
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- MIDI input and output
- Output sources can be selected in the setting panel
- Input sound monitoring can be set to stereo or mono
- Input muting function eliminates noise from unused inputs
- USB class compliant 2.0 support
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band）