Comprehensive Compact Control for Live
For long-time Launchpad users, it’s absolutely astonishing how Novation managed to pack so much into the pint-sized and portable Launchpad Mini mk3. This third-gen mini Launchpad doesn’t just pack everything Sweetwater electronic musicians love about the full-sized Launchpad into a smaller footprint, it added a ton of new features and functions previously exclusive to the top-of-the-line Launchpad Pro. From production to performance, the Launchpad Mini mk3 is by far the most advanced compact Ableton Live controller out there.
Take command of Ableton Live
The Launchpad Mini mk3 carries on Novation’s tradition of creating compact controllers for Ableton Live in extraordinary fashion. Since the first mini version, this controller has brought all of the best qualities of the full-sized Launchpad to a more portable and affordable format. Before we get to the fancy bells and whistles, you have to appreciate the basic functionality of this controller.
The Launchpad Mini mk3’s matrix of 64 RGB-backlit pads, the surface reflects Live’s grid display wonderfully, laying your tracks, clips, and scenes at your fingertips. Other basic functions include using the columns as faders and additional controllers, giving you full command over Live’s mixer. And the Launchpad Mini mk3 introduces one additional great feature: a 4-way button that lets you assign the bottom row to Stop, Mute, or Solo control for each track.
From control surface to MIDI controller
As powerful as the Launchpad Mini mk3 is as a control surface and performance tool, it’s also an amazing instrument controller. That’s because the Launchpad Mini mk3 borrows some of the most popular features from the flagship Launchpad Pro. At the top of the list there’s Scale mode, with lets you use the full 64-pad matrix as a kind of keyboard, with various scales highlighted to make laying down melody lines almost effortless. You can even set up a completely custom MIDI mapping to accommodate your workflow, and the included configuration software make setup easy.
Take your Launchpad beyond Live
Use software other than Ableton Live? Don’t worry, your Launchpad Mini mk3 will still come in handy. That’s because Novation built this controller to both integrate deeply with Ableton Live and provide MIDI control over FL Studio, Bitwig Studio, and a great many other music creation applications. Best of all, switching modes is super easy, so even if you’re performing live, you can use your Launchpad Mini mk3 to pull off all kinds of cross-platform tricks and never miss a beat.
Get started with Ableton Live Lite and other great content
There’s no denying that the Launchpad is an ideal match for Ableton Live, but what if you don’t have a copy of Live yet? Don’t worry — your Launchpad comes complete with an Ableton Live Lite, a streamlined yet powerful introduction to Live. Want synths? You got ’em! The AAS Session Bundle includes three synths and XLN Addictive Keys add in four virtual keyboards. As for processors, you get Klevgrand R0Verb and DAW Cassette and the entire Softube Time and Tone bundle. Sound Collective access gives you a free plug in every few months too. Finally, there’s the included 2-month Splice Sounds membership, which gives you instant access to millions of quality loops and sample content.
Novation Launchpad Mini mk3 MIDI Controller Features:
- Compact controller gives you tactile control over Ableton Live
- RGB pads match the color of your clips in Ableton Live’s session view
- Illuminated LED pads let you play notes, melodies, and chords on a chromatic keyboard layout
- Quick, immediate access to your mixer controls
- Compact, lightweight, and bus-powered, tough enough to survive the roughest gigs
- Includes a complete software package with Ableton Live Lite, two months Splice Sounds membership, AAS Session Bundle, XLN Addictive Keys
- Bundled with software processors including Klevgrand R0Verb and DAW Cassette, Softube Time and Tone bundle, and Sound Collective access
- Type:Performance Pad MIDI Controller
- Pads:64 RGB Pads
- MIDI I/O:USB
- USB:1 x USB-C
- Software:Ableton Live Lite, AAS Session Bundle, Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- OS Requirements – Mac:macOS 10.13 or later, iOS 9 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 10 or later
- Power Supply:USB bus powered