High-Performance Hub for Your Home or Mobile Studio
Focusrite’s Scarlett 8i6 audio interface is a superb compact studio solution with ample connectivity so you can keep all your hardware plugged in and ready to rock. Two award-winning Focusrite mic/instrument preamps are onboard, with their convenient combo inputs right on the front panel where you need them, while the back panel hosts four balanced line inputs and four balanced line outputs, plus MIDI and S/PDIF I/O. The third-generation Scarlett 8i6 advances the state-of-the-art in USB audio interfaces with two upgraded Scarlett mic preamps, high-performance 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA converters, optimized preamp gain structure, vanishingly low latency, and instrument inputs that handle scorching hot pickups. The mic preamps now feature Focusrite’s acclaimed Air mode that provides the coveted Air effect that models the company’s legendary ISA console transformer to give your voice and instrument recordings a brighter, more open sound. The Scarlett 8i6 is an ideal foundation for your home or mobile studio. Fire up the included software and start producing great-sounding music today with the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 USB audio interface!
Optimized third-generation technology
The 3rd-generation Focusrite Scarlett 8i6’s exterior has undergone a sleek makeover. Under the hood, though, it’s been tweaked and upgraded to deliver better sonics, lower latency, and enhanced ease of use. With sample rates up to 192kHz, you’ve got studio-grade sound you can take anywhere. Focusrite has added their renowned Air circuit to their already-amazing Scarlett mic preamps. The instrument inputs have also been re-engineered to handle the hottest active pickups. Lastly, Focusrite has wired analog protection circuitry across the Scarlett 8i6’s inputs and outputs, safeguarding your interface from damaging power surges.
Super-low latency for better performances
You know you perform better when you’ve got a great-sounding monitor mix with everything you need to hear to be inspired — for example, reverb and delay on a guitar solo. The Scarlett 8i6’s super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time, so you can hear your parts as you envision them and record better performances. At Sweetwater, we know you can’t put a price on that. But if you prefer the simplicity and convenience of monitoring your input direct with guaranteed low-latency, simply engage the Direct Monitor circuit. A duo of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels, making podcasting, live streaming, and sampling tasks a cinch.
Award-winning Focusrite preamps with Air
The Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 is equipped with two vibrant and pristine Focusrite preamps. For over 25 years, Focusrite’s award-winning pres have proven their mettle in pro studios around the world. Focusrite ports their considerable design savvy into the transparent, low-noise, low-distortion preamps in the Scarlett 8i6. This is the same technology found in Focusrite’s flagship products, giving you gobs of available headroom to accommodate your dynamic, condenser and ribbon mics on any source, no matter how boisterous. Of course, you also get phantom power for your mics that require it. Add to that Focusrite’s switchable Air mode, and you’ve got the sound that launched a thousand hits.
Keep an eye on your levels with intuitive halo indicators
Your mom always said to watch your levels. Well, perhaps she didn’t, but you know you should — and the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 makes it easy. The 8i6’s innovative halo indicators always let you know when you’ve got a healthy signal level for recording. If the halo is red, your signal is clipping, and you should back down your gain. The halo will momentarily turn amber as the level returns to a happy level — at which point it will turn green. Simple and intuitive, isn’t it?
Exclusive software bundle gets you up and running fast
The Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 ships with a killer software bundle headlined by Ableton Live Lite and the Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack. You also get Softube’s Time and Tone Bundle, the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite, and access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective, which offers free software downloads and generous discounts. Focusrite has included everything you need to get up and running fast. Note: Pro Tools First does not support 3rd party plug-ins.
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
Focusrite has also partnered with Splice to give 3rd-generation Scarlett owners a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription when setting up their new Splice account. Splice Sounds offers millions of high-quality, royalty-free loops, one-shots, and presets, with new releases daily from your favorite sound designers, artists, and producers. Artists are using Splice to create all kinds of music, from chart-topping pop, and Grammy-winning albums, to underground mix tapes, and even cinematic scores.
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 USB Audio Interface Features:
- High-performance 24-bit/192kHz converters
- 2 upgraded 3rd-generation Scarlett mic preamps
- Switchable Air mode gives your recordings a brighter, more open sound
- 2 high-headroom instrument inputs for bass, guitar, or synths
- Rear panel: 4 balanced line inputs, 4 balanced line outputs, MIDI I/O, S/PDIF I/O
- Unique, intuitive halo level indicators for optimized gain staging
- Super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time
- Direct Monitor circuit for monitoring your input with guaranteed low-latency
- Virtual loopback makes podcasting, live streaming, and sampling easy
- Headphone output with independent level control
- 12V DC power supply required (included)
- Quick Start tool gets you up and running fast
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription
- Included software bundle
- Membership in Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- 3-year warranty
- Computer Connectivity:USB 2.0
- Form Factor:Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O:8 x 6
- Number of Preamps:2
- Phantom Power:Yes
- A/D Resolution:Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs:2 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/Hi-Z), 4 x 1/4″ (line)
- Analog Outputs:4 x 1/4″ (line out)
- Digital Inputs:1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
- Digital Outputs:1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
- Headphones:2 x 1/4″
- MIDI I/O:In/Out
- USB:1 x Type USB-C
- Software:Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite, Pro Tools First Creative Pack (PT First does not support 3rd party plug-ins)
- OS Requirements – Mac:macOS 10.12 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later (Scarlett), Windows 10 v1809 or later (Pro Tools First)
- Power Supply:12V DC power supply (included)