Akai Professional MPD226 Pad Controller
Class-compliant USB Pad Controller with 16 Multicolor Backlit MPC Pads, 4 Faders, 4 Knobs, 4 Buttons, Transport Controls, MIDI I/O, and Bundled Software
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Control HQ for Your Music Rig
Part pad controller, part control surface, and completely ready to rock, Akai's MPD226 lets you set up your music-creation to fit the way you like to work. It starts off with the same 16 MPC pads that have inspired Sweetwater music producers to recommend Akai gear for decades, and it only goes uphill from there. RGB backlighting behind those pads makes it easy to color code your layout, which is especially handy when you're switching between four banks of pad assignments. On the other side of the MPD226, there are four sliders, each with an assignable button and encoder. You can use these to set up track controls, ADSR envelopes, EQs, and much more. Top it off with classic MPC Note Repeat, dedicated transport controls, and a killer software package, and the MPD226 is a creative goldmine.
From your studio DAW to your live rig
One of the things that sets the MPD226 apart from similar pad controllers is the fact that it offers you hardware MIDI outputs, rather than just MIDI over USB. Now, the MIDI-over-USB is nothing to complain about - in fact, because it's completely class compliant, you'll never have to worry about installing special software or drivers to connect the MPD226 to your favorite software or iOS apps. However, many of us here at Sweetwater have frequently been on the lookout for a simple pad controller that works with other MIDI hardware, which is why we're such fans of the MPD226. Whether you perform with a tabletop full of modules or simply want to add a set of pads and some extra hands-on controls to your keyboard, you'll find the MPD226 to be an excellent addition to your live rig.
Akai MPD226 USB/MIDI Pad Controller Features:
- A combination pad controller and control surface that's perfect for live and studio use
- Thick, fat MPC pads include RGB LED backlighting for multicolor visual feedback
- 4 pad banks provide you with a grand total of 64 pad controls
- 4 sliders include assignable Q-Link buttons and knobs for extra hands-on control
- 3 independent control banks for the control surface section offer 36 parameter controls
- Equipped with classic MPC functions such as Note Repeat and Full Level
- Instantly jump between 30 presets covering most popular DAWs
- Send class-compliant MIDI via USB or via 1/8" MIDI I/O ports for hardware integration
- Simple transport section onboard for DAW playback and recording control
- Software package includes free titles from Ableton, Akai, and Sonivox
- MIDI I/O
- 16 x RGB Illuminated Velocity and Pressure-sensitive MPC Pads
- 4 x Assignable Q-Link Knobs
- Hardware Requirements - Mac
- 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended); 1GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- Hardware Requirements - PC
- 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended); 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- OS Requirements - Mac
- OS X 10.7 or later
- OS Requirements - PC
- Windows 7 SP1 or later
- 4 x Assignable Faders
16 other products in the same category:
Closed-back Circumaural Headphones
Triple Switch provides 3 momentary and normally-opened switch contacts that you can use to unlock the full potential of controls and features of your pedals that have external control capability.
This is the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. The ATH-M50x features the same coveted sonic signature, now with refined earpads and detachable cables. From large-aperture drivers to sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals.
6" Bi-amplified Nearfield Studio Monitor with Kevlar/Aramid Woofer, Soft-dome Tweeter, and High- and Low-frequency Controls (each)
Closed-back Headphones with Screw-on 1/4" Adapter
The FiiO A1 portable headphone amplifier sets a new standard for size and performance.
AE07 is a high-performance in-earheadphone.
Cut the cord, keep the vinyl. The AT-LP60-BT gives you all the great features of our popular AT-LP60 fully automatic belt-drive stereo turntable but with the added convenience of Bluetooth® wireless connectivity.
4-channel Headphone Distribution Amplifier with Balanced Inputs, Channel Volume Controls, Master Mono Summing and Mute Control, and Aux I/O for Daisy Chaining
61-key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with Eight Backlit Pads, Two Wheels, Four Assignable Knobs, and Four Assignable Buttons
25-key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with 8 Backlit Pads, 2 Wheels, 4 Assignable Knobs, and 4 Assignable Buttons
Specular Tempus is a powerful reverb and delay effect processor in a compact pedal. Featuring 32 hand-crafted algorithms, 8 presets. stereo in/out, tap-tempo, and extensive inter-connectivity. Using the SpecLab software (free download) users get access to an extended set of parameters for deep-editing of the algorithms.
Clockwork Delay v.2 offers one standard digital mode plus six variation delay modes : Tape, Lo-Fi, Ambient, and Multi-heads (2 / 3 / 4) delay.
Single-driver In-ear Monitors with Dynamic Transducer - Black