Amazing Analog Pres, Plus Killer DSP!
Make the Steinberg UR824 your next recording interface! This amazing 24-channel USB 2.0 audio interface combines the amazing sound quality of top-notch analog engineering with the power and flexibility of digital signal processing. Eight Steinberg D-Pre microphone preamps, each featuring Class A discrete circuitry, give you full dynamic range and rich sound. Built-in DSP processing technology and a software controlled zero-latency monitor mixer make integrating the UR824 into your studio easy. What’s more, a pair of 8-channel optical ports let you expand your setup by adding additional preamplifiers or more Steinberg UR824s.
Steinberg UR824 USB 2.0 Audio Interface at a Glance:
- Amazing analog circuitry
- Built-in DSP makes tracking easy
- Digital monitoring convenience
Amazing analog circuitry
Eight truly discrete Class A preamp circuitry makes the Steinberg UR824 stand out, giving you amazing sound quality and wide dynamic range. Wait till you hear the astonishing sound quality the UR824 has to offer! Each of these microphone preamplifiers features +48V phantom power, so you can hook up any microphone in your collection. More over, the UR824 features XLR combo jacks, so you can plug in outboard gear and guitars as well.
Built-in DSP makes tracking easy
Steinberg knows that dull and lifeless monitor mixes lead to dull and lifeless performances. That’s why they gave the UR824 powerful built-in DSP functions. In addition to a software-controlled DSP monitor mixer, you also get eight dedicated DSP channel strips allow you to dial in dynamics and EQ processing. On top of that, the UR824 features a DSP master REV-X reverb, which you can use to add dimension to the vocal mix. And since you’re sure to love the sound of these DSP effects so much that you’ll want to use them on everything, Steinberg also includes native VST 3 versions of the REV-X and Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip with the UR824.
Digital monitoring convenience
Steinberg’s dspMixFx mixer software makes controlling the UR824’s DSP effects is super easy. It also lets you create multiple monitor and send mixes. This makes the UR824 perfect for headphone mixes and outboard effects sends, allowing you to easily integrate the rest of your studio gear. What’s more, the UR824 features highly accessible front-panel controls, including two headphone outputs with independent volume controls, plus an assignable master volume control.
Steinberg UR824 USB 2.0 Audio Interface Features:
- Amazing 24-channel USB 2.0 audio interface with phenomenal analog, onboard DSP, and high-quality 24-bit/192kHz digital resolution
- 8 analog inputs and 8 outputs, including 8 x Steinberg D-Pre Class A discrete mic preamps with +48V phantom power
- 8 x 1/4″ outputs let you send custom mixes to monitors and outboard gear and accommodates up to 7.1 surround monitoring setups
- 2 x pairs of ADAT optical I/O (which are also capable of acting as optical S/PDIF) provide 16 in and 16 out
- S/MUX support allows for 8 input and 8 outputs at 96kHz by combining both optical ports
- Built-in DSP REV-X reverb and eight Steinberg Channel Strips allow you to record and monitor with effects and processing – without latency!
- Control onboard DSP with Steinberg’s dspMixFx mixer software
- Word clock I/O with 2 BNC connectors plus JetPLL ultra-low jitter support
- 2 x separate headphone buses with individual outputs and front-panel volume controls
- Cross-platform compatibility for Mac OS X and Windows
- Native VST 3 plug-ins of REV-X and Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip included
- Includes Cubase AI music production software
Requirements for Mac OS X:
- Intel processor; Intel Core Duo or faster recommended
OS X 10.5.8 or greater
- 1GB of RAM minimum; 2GB of RAM recommended
Requirements for Windows:
- Pentium/Athlon 2GHz; Dual Core processor recommended
Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), XP SP3, Vista SP2 (32 and 64 bit)
- iOS compliant (with the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit)
- 1GB of RAM minimum; 2GB of RAM recommended
|Computer Connection Type||:||USB|
|Simultaneous I/ O||:||24 channel|
|A/ D Resolution||:||24bit / 192kHz|
|Built in DSP/ FX||:||Yes (reverb and channel-strip processing)|
|Number of Audio Input||:||8|
|Audio Inputs Types||:||8 x XLR Combo (XLR/TRS/DI)|
|Number of Audio Output||:||8|
|Audio Output Types||:||8 x 1/4″|
|Number of Preamps||:||8|
|Number of Digital Inputs||:||2|
|Digital Input Types||:||2 x Optical (16-ch ADAT, 2-ch S/PDIF, 8-ch SMUX)|
|Number of Digital Outputs||:||2|
|Digital Output Types||:||2 x Optical (16-ch ADAT, 2-ch S/PDIF, 8-ch SMUX)|