Control Your Software from Your Axe!
As a high-tech guitarist or bass player, you’ve probably been looking for the best way to incorporate all of the powerful software you know and love into your performance rig. That’s the same thing that inspired Livid to create their Guitar Wing wireless MIDI controller, a unique device designed to put a full set of class-compliant MIDI controls you want right where you need them to be. Fueled by a rechargeable Li-ion battery, the totally wireless Guitar Wing offers you hands-on access to virtually any parameters and controls in your favorite DAW, virtual instrument, or effects plug-in software. Best of all, it attaches to virtually any instrument with no modification necessary.
Livid Guitar Wing Wireless MIDI Controller at a Glance:
- Pain-free integration with your guitar and your software
- Control every aspect of your virtual effects or DAW
- WingFX provides you with a complete wireless effects rack
Pain-free integration with your guitar and your software
One of the driving concepts behind Livid’s Guitar Wing was to create a high-quality wireless MIDI controller you could easily affix to any guitar and seamlessly take over any MIDI-controllable software – and they totally knocked it out of the park. We’ve seen this gadget attached to double cutaway guitars, single cutaway basses, and even a violin, and in each case, the rubberized mounting clamp and swivel top made it an easy fit. On the software side, the Guitar Wing sends class-compliant MIDI via Bluetooth wireless to a dedicated receiver, which your DAW, plug-ins, or other applications will recognize just as any other plug-and-play MIDI controller. It really couldn’t be simpler.
Control every aspect of your virtual effects or DAW
For such a small device, Livid sure packed a lot of controls into the Guitar Wing. A set of velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads with aftertouch let you play sounds from virtual instruments, toggle plug-in effects, or trigger loops from your DAW. Three touch faders with LED indicators let you grab hold of any parameters you like and freely manipulate them, and a series of buttons and select switches provide even more performance options. One of the things that’s impressed Sweetwater guitarists and MIDI geeks alike is the Guitar Wing’s built-in accelerometer, which lets you control multiple parameters just by moving your guitar around. It’s incredibly fun to play with!
WingFX provides you with a complete wireless effects rack
Creating an amazingly cool MIDI controller you can clamp onto your axe wasn’t good enough for Livid, which is why they also developed an impressive piece of software to go along with it. WingFX is both a VST/AU plug-in and a standalone guitar effects engine that’s perfect for live use. Distortion, modulation, delay, reverb – it’s all inside WingFX and it’s all fully controllable with your Guitar Wing. But that’s not all, Livid also created a comprehensive collection of presets for Ableton Live, Bitwig Studio, Native Instruments Guitar Rig, and many others, so you’ll be ready to rock out with your Guitar Wing right out of the box.
Livid Guitar Wing Wireless MIDI Controller Features:
- Flexible MIDI controller that lets you control your software from your axe
- Rubberized clamp with swivel top fits easily to guitars, basses, and other instruments
- Easily programable RGB backlit buttons and knobs let you define the control you need
- Large pressure-/velocity-sensitive pads with aftertouch let you play notes, trigger sounds, and much more
- Touch faders with LED indicators make it easy to grab hold of continuous controllers
- 3-way motion control accelerometer lets you move your instrument to manipulate software parameters
- USB-charged Li-ion battery provides up to 8 hours of wireless operation
- Communicates via Bluetooth to a dedicated USB receiver, which provides class-compliant MIDI
- Compatible with nearly all MIDI-controllable Mac, Windows, and iOS software
- Includes many useful templates for many popular software titles
- Bundled with Livid’s WingFX multi-effects VST/AU/Standalone application
Take control of your favorite software right from your axe with the Livid Guitar Wing!
|Aftertouch||:||Yes (pads and fadder)|
|Number of Performance Pads||:||4 x velocity-sensitive pads with afetertouch|
|Number of Sliders/Faders||:||3 (2 short, 1 long)|
|Other Controllers||:||4 control buttons, 4 side select buttons|
|MIDI I/O||:||USB via Bluetooth wireless receiver|
|Power Supply||:||Rechargeable Li-ion battery|