An Analog Purist’s Dream Synth!
Arturia’s MiniBrute takes you back to the basics of analog synthesis! This 25-key compact powerhouse synth puts you in control of a 100 percent analog signal path, complete with all of the tone-shaping tools your heart desires. If you’re looking for the ultimate hands-on synthesis experience – the MiniBrute is it! In addition to standard oscillators, envelopes, and filters, the MiniBrute also gives you a set of truly unique components, such as its exclusive Brute Factor, Metalizer, and Ultrasaw. At Sweetwater, we’ve seen a lot of analog synths, but few have ever packed as much flexibility and functionality into such an affordable model as the Arturia MiniBrute.
Arturia MiniBrute Monophonic Analog Synthesizer at a Glance:
- The perfect analog synth for the control freak in you
- Exclusive components you won’t find anywhere else
- Classic analog signal path with modern digital conveniences
The perfect analog synth for the control freak in you
The Arturia MiniBrute lets you sculpt your sound with extensive hands-on controls that let you dive deeply into every aspect of its analog signal path. The MiniBrute’s massively powerful oscillator section lets you blend and shape all six of its sound sources, including a multi-waveform oscillator, a noise generator, and an external source input. Slider controls give you quick access to the MiniBrute’s envelopes, while providing natural visual feedback. And check out the MiniBrute’s LFO section – there are individual knobs for assigning modulation to several key parameters. Best of all, the entire layout of the MiniBrute is completely logical and intuitive, so any synth nut will feel right at home.
Exclusive components you won’t find anywhere else
Not only did Arturia trick out the MiniBrute with an extra layer of tweakability for its oscillators, envelopes, LFO, and other standard components, they also gave it a few original gadgets as well. Two of its main oscillators are unique beasts indeed: the harmonically rich Ultrasaw and the extra-vibrant Metalizer modulated triangle-wave. But nothing comes close to the sonic mayhem you can create just by cranking up the Brute Factor. And one more thing: the filter section of the MiniBrute is also far from ordinary – it’s a genuine Steiner-Parker 2-pole filter, the same ultra-resonant filter found in the legendary Synthacon from the mid ’70s!
Classic analog signal path with modern digital conveniences
By now, you’re probably getting a good idea of what makes the MiniBrute so special: it’s a portable analog synthesizer that’s designed to bring back the fun and creativity of sound creation. It’s completely devoid of digital controls, screens, or factory presets. But that doesn’t mean it won’t integrate easily with the rest of your rig. In fact, Arturia gave the MiniBrute both classic CV and MIDI connectivity, including MIDI over USB. So, whether you’re using it in your studio or as part of your live rig, the MiniBrute is ready to take your music to a whole new level!
Arturia MiniBrute Monophonic Analog Synthesizer Features:
- Fun and inspiring all-analog monophonic synthesizer that makes sound creation a blast
- 25-note keyboard with velocity, aftertouch, pitch, and modulation wheels
- Unique design developed in partnership with synth guru Yves Usson
- 100 percent analog signal path – no digital controls or menus
- Multi-wave oscillator section features three different waveforms, a sub-octave generator, and a white noise generator
- Two unique oscillator types, Ultrasaw and Metalizer, give you unexplored sonic territory to play with
- External input lets you blend in sources such as vocals and guitars
- Flexible filter section features a genuine Steiner-Parker 2-pole filter – the same kind found on the legendary Steiner-Parker Synthacon
- Filter and amp envelopes feature ADSR sliders for quick access and instant visual feedback
- Both envelopes responses vary from one millisecond to ten seconds
- Arturia’s original Brute Factor control lets you spice up your sound with the twist of a knob
- LFO with five waveshapes, MIDI sync, and arpeggiator sync, as well as a number of assignment knobs, including Pulse Width, Metalizer, Ultrasaw, Filter, Pitch, and Amp
- Advanced arpeggiator includes selectors for octaves, modes, steps, and swing
- Vibrato LFO with three modes (sine, trill up, trill down)
- Assignable aftertouch
- Portamento gives you smooth gliding sounds
- Heavy Duty aluminum enclosure
built to travel
- Includes USB, MIDI, and CV connectivity
Rediscover the fun of sound creation with the all-analog MiniBrute synthesizer from Arturia!