Analog Drums and Bass!
The Rhythm Wolf by Akai is an analog drum machine and bass synthesizer that’s easy to integrate into any modern DJ or production rig. Create fat, punchy beats with five analog drum parts, including kick, snare, open/closed hats, and metallic percussion – ask any producer at Sweetwater and they’ll tell you there’s serious creative potential here. Then top it off with a throbbing analog bass groove, with selectable saw/square waves and a variable filter for everything from smooth bass to squelchy leads. With a built-in 32-step sequencer and hands-on control, you’ve got incredible performance and production potential in the Akai Rhythm Wolf.
- Create your own analog drum and bass sounds, and trigger them any way you like
- Create complex patterns with the built-in 32-step sequencer
- Awesome analog distortion effects with the Howl knob
Create your own analog drum and bass sounds, and trigger them any way you likeThe Akai Rhythm Wolf gives you fully analog kick, snare, percussion, and hi-hats, plus an analog bass synth with your choice of square or saw oscillator waveforms. The parameters vary by channel, but you’ve got enough control to dial in everything punchy house grooves, fat throbbing hip hop beats, acid bass lines, and much more. Once you’ve got your sounds dialed in, you can trigger sounds live on the MPC pads, with the built-in 32-step sequencer, your DAW via MIDI, standard MIDI, or even with the analog gate input. For the modern producer, it’s an outstanding way to add analog drum and bass sounds to your sonic arsenal.
Create swinging patterns with the built-in 32-step sequencerWhen you’re ready to sequence, you can play in your sounds on the MPC pads or program them in step-style on the sequencer. And the Rhythm Wolf packs Akai’s classic MPC swing, so you can make your beats as tight or loose as you want. On the fly, you can mute parts, switch between two sequence variations, change the pattern length, and more.
Awesome analog distortion effects with the Howl knobOnce you’ve got a pounding groove going, it’s hard to resist putting some hair on it with distortion. The Rhythm Wolf’s Howl control lets you dial in analog distortion to taste. You can use it to add a subtle sense of body and bite to your sound, or crank it for full-on hardstyle overdrive.
Akai Rhythm Wolf Analog Drum Machine/Bass Synthesizer Features:
- Analog drum machine and bass synth with five drum parts and one synth part
- Create a wide range of bass tones with square/saw oscillators and LPF with envelope modulation
- Create patterns and tweak them on the fly with the built-in 32-step sequencer
- Add analog distortion to beef up your sound with the Howl knob
- Trigger sounds with the MPC pads, sequencer, MIDI, USB MIDI, or even analog gate trigger
- Separate outputs for bass and drums
The Akai Rhythm Wolf is ready to groove with analog drums and bass!
|Inputs||1 x 1/8″|
|Outputs||2 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8″|
|MIDI I/O||In, Out/Thru, USB|
|USB||1 x Type B|